Victims of Milwaukee Violence Burial Fund has serviced families with informational resources for burial, grief counseling, finding resources for housing for victims of Milwaukee violence, assisted a homeless mom and three small children finding financial resources for housing, and assisted a family in Arizona by providing resources in to Arizona Crime Victim Compensation Program to bury her nephew who was murdered in Arizona.
- Referrals to grief counseling
- Referrals to other resources
- Referrals to Funeral Directors
- CM referral
Crime Victim Compensation Application Information
- If person applying has life insurance they will not be found illegible for funding.
- An application may be filed by, or on behalf of, a person who died as a result of a crime.
- Please print clearly in ink. Separate applications must be completed for each person.
- Completed, signed application should be filed as soon as possible.
- All information requested by VOMVBF has to be submitted promptly.
- Return completed application to the address listed on the bottom of this page.
2018 Services to date:
- > 1500 Resources provided to families
- Life After Loss Support Group > 100 person
- Provided school supplies for > 300 children
- Hosted events > 400 persons
- Referrals to community agencies for additional support
- Telephonic grief support
- Home visit grief support
- Donation of burial plots
- Medical & mental health referrals
- > 65 Applications for burial programs
- Attended training via Violence Prevention Program in Milwaukee
We refer families to resources that are applicable, on a case by case basis. There are very few resources to financially cover the costs of funerals. We do not pay for funerals.
LIFE AFTER LOSS FAMILY SUPPORT
Our Support Groups meet monthly, providing a safe space for families. Referrals are given for private sessions if applicable.
You are not alone
For more information, please contact: