Victims of Milwaukee Violence Burial Fund has serviced families with financial resources for burial, grief counseling, finding resources for housing for a disabled gentlemen, found medical resources for a young lady with disabilities, assisted a homeless mom and three small children finding financial resources for housing, and assisted a family in Arizona by providing resources in to Arizona Crime Victim Compensation Program to bury her nephew who was murdered in Arizona.
- Referrals to grief counseling
- Referrals to other resources
- Referrals to Funeral Directors
- CM referral
Crime Victim Compensation Application Information
- If person applying has life insurance they will not be found illegible for funding.
- An application may be filed by, or on behalf of, a person who died as a result of a crime.
- Please print clearly in ink. Separate applications must be completed for each person.
- Completed, signed application should be filed as soon as possible.
- All information requested by VOMVBF has to be submitted promptly.
- Return completed application to the address listed on the bottom of this page.
2018 Services to date:
- > 1500 Resources provided to families
- Life After Loss Support Group > 100 person
- Provided school supplies for > 300 children
- Hosted events > 400 persons
- Referrals to community agencies for additional support
- Telephonic grief support
- Home visit grief support
- Donation of burial plots
- Medical & mental health referrals
- > 65 Applications for burial programs
- Attended training via Violence Prevention Program in Milwaukee